1. As with all natural stone, there may be slight variations among items that are handcrafted and casted. Clients can feel confident that their items will all be casted at the same time to promote consistency, but the shades may differ slightly from that of the photos on our website.
2. All prices include VAT and are for items that are not weathered patina, antique or mossed.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw or alter any item or design composite at any time.
4. All items are made to order upon instruction by the client and to their specification. When ordering, a 50% deposit of the total order is required to commence the casting process. The outstanding order amount must be settled in full, prior to the collection/delivery of goods. All goods remain the property of Wealden Ornamental Stone until full payment has been received.
5. Once the casting process has commenced, orders cannot be variated or cancelled. Should the client cancel an order after casting has commenced, the client will indemnify Wealden Ornamental Stone against any loss or damages and forfeit their 50% deposit to cover losses incurred by us.
6. Goods are not tested or sold as fit for any particular purpose, unless accompanied by a warranty issued by Wealden Ornamental Stone, specifically stating such a purpose.
7. The client cannot sell or use the goods as our agent.
DELIVERY | COLLECTIONS | RETURNS
8. All items are made to order for each individual client’s specifications and therefore in order to allow for adequate curing time, delivery of items will typically range from 4 – 6 weeks (depending on the size of the item) from the date that the deposit has been received from the client.
9. Delivery (pallet delivery only) can be arranged at an additional cost to the client within a 20-mile radius of TN12 6SQ. Delivery is charged at 10% of the total order value (with a minimum charge of £55 per pallet). Alternatively, by prior appointment, the client or their appointed representative may collect the item(s) in person.
10. Our delivery is a pallet delivery only. The driver uses a pump-up pallet truck to pull the pallet into the boundary of your property. Delivery does not include siting or installation of the products, which is the sole responsibility of the client. The driver cannot take the items off the pallets or site them where desired. The restrictions of a pump-up pallet truck are: it cannot be pulled along soft ground, this includes shingle/gravel; it cannot be pulled up steps or stairs or up steep drives. If access is restricted, delivery will be kerbside only.
11. Where the client has opted for our delivery option, goods will be examined by us before leaving our premises. Upon delivery, all goods must be examined and their condition approved by the client (or his/her representative) before the goods are offloaded. A delivery inspection and acceptance form must be completed and signed by the client, or the client’s appointed representative. Wealden Ornamental Stone will not be held liable for any damage caused to goods by handling by the client (or his/her representative) after collection, including damage during handling, incorrect fixing, or storage on the client’s premises or sites.
12. Alternatively, items may be collected by the client or appointed representative from our workshop, by prior appointment. All goods must be examined and their condition approved by the client (or his/her appointed representative) before leaving Wealden Ornamental Stone premises. A collection inspection and acceptance form must be completed and signed by the client or the client’s appointed representative. Wealden Ornamental Stone will not be held liable for any damage caused to goods by handling by the client (or his/her representative) after collection including damage during transit, incorrect fixing or storage on the client’s premises or sites.
13. These are very heavy items, hence lifting could cause injury. Never lift an item on your own that is more than you can physically and safely lift. Take extra care when handling each item as rolling the edges or leaning the edge of item and placing them down hard could cause damage. We cannot accept responsibility for cracking or breakage if these instructions are ignored.
14. If the client fails to give delivery/collection instructions within 14 days of it being notified the items are ready for delivery/collection, Wealden Ornamental Stone shall (without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to it) be entitled but not bound to store the items and any available premises at the client’s expense. As Wealden Ornamental Stone would have to lease additional premises in these instances, storage will be charged at 20% of the total order value per month.
15. If we are not able to make a delivery due to the client or the client’s appointed representative is not being available to receive delivery, the items will be returned to our workshop and the client would have to make alternative arrangements for collection at their own cost. As Wealden Ornamental Stone would have to lease additional space in these instances, storage will be charged at 20% of the total order value per month.
16. Should the client refuse the delivery of goods after delivery arrangements have been agreed in writing and dispatched, we will be entitled to charge the client for all packaging, unpacking, loading, unloading and transportation costs incurred.
17. We regret that urns are not accepted as all items are made to order to each individual client’s specifications. All items are inspected by us before leaving our premises. In addition, all items must be inspected by the client or their appointed representative upon delivery/collection. A delivery/collection inspection and acceptance form must be completed and signed by the client or the client’s appointed representative.